So after I showered and everything I went to my Book of Mormon class which was so cool! My professor has a great sense of humor and like to give out free bonus points for perfect attendance. Also, he takes the mid term. Yes, the professor not us. The mid-term is worth a hundred points and in order to receive the points as students we have to make sure that he knows all our names. LOL. Crazy huh?! so its our job to help him remember our names.
I'm hoping that through this class I will develop good study habits and scripture reading habits. I read a great talk today for my Book of Mormon class and in that talk it was discussed how instead of randomly spending hours on scripture study it is better to study on a regular basis even if it is for less time. I had never heard this before and I thought it was pretty cool so now you know as well.
After that class I went to my American Heritage class. This professor also has a great sense of humor, which is a relief. I think that I will really enjoy this class. It focuses more on the ideas and reasoning behind events in history instead of dates and places. Which is great cause I hate memorizing dates!
So then it was time for math. And to my relief this math class appears o be really easy for me! I actually helped the teacher figure something out that she was unsure of, which boosted my confidence significantly!! The only thing that stinks is that the first thing she said was for every hour of class expect to put in 2-3 hours of homework time. Yet, I managed to finish my lesson within just 1 hour... so there!! :D
I'm a little nervous about being able to make it to my math class on time though... I only have 10 minutes to make it all the way across campus. Today I used my nifty iPhone to time how long it took me to get there but I got lost so my data was inconclusive.
All in all I love it here. Every class starts with a prayer and it is so easy to feel the spirit throughout every class. It is almost as if you can feel the love your Savior has for you and the importance the Lord feels for us to get an education. It is a great motivator and helps a lot with my personal confidence in my abilities to succeed.
I love you all and even though I love it here I miss all of you greatly! I hope everything is going great for you!



1 comment:
You are in college! How exciting! I am sure you have already been told but I was told this too and I didn't listen as well as I should have...the key to success in college is going to all of your classes (easier said than done once you realize you can get away with not going, haha). Isn't it so fun how handy the iPhone is!? That's great you have one, I use mine SO much! I am excited you blog! Yay! You can read mine at:
missanalee.blogspot.com
Take care!
Post a Comment